Friday, September 12, 2008

37 Weeks

So, I skipped 36 weeks sue me.

I went to my 37 week appointment yesterday and still nothing going on down there. Baby J is not in any hurry I guess to come out. My cervix is closed and I am still measuring at 36 cm. Oh well. My feet and hands have been swelling quite a bit the last 2 weeks. Which probably isn't a surprise since it is still crazy hot and I am 9 months pregnant. But the swelling in my feet has got kinda out of control and the doctor was shocked at my 3 lb. weight gain this week. She asked if I was still working and I said '' yes''. Her response ... "Stop." This was not the greatest news for me to hear and judging from my and facial expression my doctor's next response was " just let it go". What??? Working is all I know how to do, without a baby to take care of, what can I possibly do all day? How many errands can you do for the next 2 weeks? I have not adjusted well to this news and was almost in tears. I know that probably sounds stupid, but I think it all just hit me at once that my life will be ultimately changed forever.

I guess I will just have to suck it up and roll with the punches.

0 comments: